'Oz' witches played by 3 acclaimed actresses
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The prequel, "Oz the Great and Powerful," tells the story of how a small-time magician becomes the Wizard of Oz. This tale also involves three witches, played by three acclaimed actresses.
Three-time Oscar nominee Michelle Williams brings Glinda to life in the new movie. During filming, she saw wonderment in children's eyes.
"When I would have the chance to interact, like the little girls that are in the movie, and to walk by them when I'm in my full hair and makeup and costume and all that stuff and to see the effect that it had on them and to see them kind of melt a little bit, what's better than making a kid happy?" Williams said.
Oscar winner Rachel Weisz may scare a kid or two.
"She is just pure, pure evil. But in order to get what she wants, she pretends to be sweet or submissive or loving towards her sister or she just lies," said Weisz.
Mila Kunis also plays a witch. And in one revealing costume not being revealed in clips, she wore a leather corset with a hidden harness for flying.
"I don't have a cleavage in real life but all of a sudden in this movie, they're huge, they're massive! They were distracting for myself," Kunis said.
"Oz the Great and Powerful" is rated PG. It will be in theaters March 8.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 8 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine' 15 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)