Nicole Kidman continues risky streak in 'Stoker'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nicole Kidman is continuing her string of risky films and roles with her turn in twisted drama "Stoker."
The 45-year-old actress says she just chooses parts she finds interesting and different, and worthy of time away from her daughters.
"As you become older and you've got a family and you've got all these other things that are very, very important, the preciousness of time and how you use it becomes far more important. So you're less likely to take risks. Because you're like 'Hm, I'm not sure that's going to work out. So I don't want to waste my time,'" Kidman said. "So that's something I'm actually now pushing through. Because I don't want to become like that particularly as I get older. I want to stay in that very risk-taking, so-be-it, give-it-a-go, why-not place."
Sometimes, those risky roles only come after you produce them yourself.
"I'm in the position also where I can buy the occasional book or story and develop it -- which is also a very different thing now, which is fantastic," she said.
Kidman calls "Stoker" a stylized fairy tale horror thriller. It co-stars fellow Austrailian, Mia Wasikowska, who revealed she looks up to Kidman, much to her embarrassment.
"Nicole is a role model for anyone coming from Australia," Wasikowska said. "It's pretty amazing to be in a film with her. So it's been cool."
You'll see Kidman and Wasikowska in "Stoker" in theaters this weekend.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 5 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family 4 min ago
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds