Nicole Kidman continues risky streak in 'Stoker'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nicole Kidman is continuing her string of risky films and roles with her turn in twisted drama "Stoker."
The 45-year-old actress says she just chooses parts she finds interesting and different, and worthy of time away from her daughters.
"As you become older and you've got a family and you've got all these other things that are very, very important, the preciousness of time and how you use it becomes far more important. So you're less likely to take risks. Because you're like 'Hm, I'm not sure that's going to work out. So I don't want to waste my time,'" Kidman said. "So that's something I'm actually now pushing through. Because I don't want to become like that particularly as I get older. I want to stay in that very risk-taking, so-be-it, give-it-a-go, why-not place."
Sometimes, those risky roles only come after you produce them yourself.
"I'm in the position also where I can buy the occasional book or story and develop it -- which is also a very different thing now, which is fantastic," she said.
Kidman calls "Stoker" a stylized fairy tale horror thriller. It co-stars fellow Austrailian, Mia Wasikowska, who revealed she looks up to Kidman, much to her embarrassment.
"Nicole is a role model for anyone coming from Australia," Wasikowska said. "It's pretty amazing to be in a film with her. So it's been cool."
You'll see Kidman and Wasikowska in "Stoker" in theaters this weekend.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 47 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments