James Franco gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- James Franco received the 2,492nd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
"Thank you for this great spot in front of the El Capitan Theatre. I hope Jimmy Kimmel comes and shines my star every morning," Franco said.
Franco's star came just a day before the release of his new movie, "Oz the Great and Powerful." He plays Oz.
Seth Rogen, who starred with Franco on TV's "Freaks and Geeks," was one of the speakers at his star ceremony. Franco got a little emotional when he thanked his mother. But he had plenty of others to thank, too.
"I wish that I could put a bunch of names on this star because this is collaborative business, not just making the movies, the people behind-the-scenes, the people that have been there for me all the way through. If I could, I'd put all your names on there," said Franco.
After the ceremony, James spent time signing autographs for the many fans who showed up to support him on his special day.
celebrity, hollywood wrap
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 33 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis