James Franco gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- James Franco received the 2,492nd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
"Thank you for this great spot in front of the El Capitan Theatre. I hope Jimmy Kimmel comes and shines my star every morning," Franco said.
Franco's star came just a day before the release of his new movie, "Oz the Great and Powerful." He plays Oz.
Seth Rogen, who starred with Franco on TV's "Freaks and Geeks," was one of the speakers at his star ceremony. Franco got a little emotional when he thanked his mother. But he had plenty of others to thank, too.
"I wish that I could put a bunch of names on this star because this is collaborative business, not just making the movies, the people behind-the-scenes, the people that have been there for me all the way through. If I could, I'd put all your names on there," said Franco.
After the ceremony, James spent time signing autographs for the many fans who showed up to support him on his special day.
celebrity, hollywood wrap
- Race for Los Angeles mayor too close to call 54 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 32 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10