James Franco gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- James Franco received the 2,492nd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
"Thank you for this great spot in front of the El Capitan Theatre. I hope Jimmy Kimmel comes and shines my star every morning," Franco said.
Franco's star came just a day before the release of his new movie, "Oz the Great and Powerful." He plays Oz.
Seth Rogen, who starred with Franco on TV's "Freaks and Geeks," was one of the speakers at his star ceremony. Franco got a little emotional when he thanked his mother. But he had plenty of others to thank, too.
"I wish that I could put a bunch of names on this star because this is collaborative business, not just making the movies, the people behind-the-scenes, the people that have been there for me all the way through. If I could, I'd put all your names on there," said Franco.
After the ceremony, James spent time signing autographs for the many fans who showed up to support him on his special day.
celebrity, hollywood wrap
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 2 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Cañada Flintridge 8 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 21 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 44 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 2 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks