Morris Chestnut is an LAPD cop in 'The Call'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Morris Chestnut and Halle Berry star in the thriller "The Call," where they work to rescue a kidnapped teenager.
Chestnut plays an LAPD officer, while Berry stars as a veteran 911 operator.
"I'm excited about the fact that this movie is somewhat of an appreciation to what they do, and hopefully, people will recognize how difficult it is and what they have to go through as 911 call operators," Chestnut said. "They're really the backbone of our safety in the community."
Chestnut says the film will get your heart racing.
"I'm really proud of this movie because from the opening call to the last frame, I mean, you're on the edge of your seat. It really is a ride," he said. "I can guarantee you will love the movie if you come see it."
Chestnut rode along with real LAPD officers to help prepare for his role, and he found the experience very eye opening.
"Just driving through the streets and seeing how people look at a patrol car. Some people are happy to see the patrol car, some people, they let it known that they don't like you," Chestnut said.
It's been 20 years since Chestnut made his big-screen debut in the classic film "Boyz n the Hood." He says he feels blessed to be able to have made acting his life's work.
"When you're starting out in this industry, you just want to get a job," he said. "Just like this movie, it's been a ride. I'm glad I'm still here."
"The Call" is in theaters this weekend.
celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 19 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 31 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting
- Actor Chris Pine pleads guilty to DUI 32 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14