'The Incredible Burt Wonderstone' review: Comedy magic or all an illusion?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Steve Carell and his sidekick, Steve Buscemi, play a magic team that goes from Vegas royalty to being royally flushed.
Jim Carrey, as a Criss Angel-like street magician, is the new guy in town. His act is full of danger, you might look away but you'll still look back.
The film also stars Alan Arkin as a legendary magician who was Wonderstone's inspiration, and Olivia Wilde as the magician's assistant.
This film is rated PG-13. If you're a parent of impressionable younger children, you might want to check it out first because it does have some pretty edgy moments.
Not every joke here is funny, but overall, I can't imagine you won't laugh out loud at least a few times. I sure did.
"The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" is a movie aimed at simply entertaining you, and it does that with a smile.
All the characters have their own storylines so no one's left out or left on the cutting room floor. Carell, who produced the film, continues to show us he's up for anything and the biggest trick he has in this movie is making us like Burt Wonderstone after we see his not-so-likeable side. He succeeds.
If you like Carell and Carrey, I think you'll like this, too. Their performances are fun and a little out there. Arkin is also a gem, and Wilde continues to show she can be a go-to actress in any genre.
If you're looking for a few laughs and some smiles, I think you'll find it here.
movie news, movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat 38 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla. 20 min ago
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks