Wynonna Judd insisted on Tony Dovolani as 'DWTS' partner
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Last season's dance champion Tony Dovolani is in a country state of mind since getting Wynonna Judd as his "Dancing With The Stars" celebrity partner.
"I've learned a lot of country stuff. It's been a lot of fun, and actually, I've found myself saying ya'll," Dovolani said.
Until a few days ago, the pair had been rehearsing at her farm in Tennessee. Dovolani said he felt like he fit right in with locals.
"He likes the cowboy way. Giddy up," Judd said.
Judd said she was grateful that they got to dance at the farm for the first few weeks.
"We sat around the supper table, he helped me design our house, we went to lunch, we had real life with the kids running around," Judd said. "I love this man. Yes, he's a champion, we know all the statistics, but I love his heart."
Judd revealed that she requested to be paired with Dovolani.
"To the powers that be, they said, 'Will you do the show?' And I went, 'Only if I can dance with Tony," she said.
Judd said she knows to savor every moment of this experience because it could all be over in the blink of an eye.
"You get a minute and thirty seconds. It's like getting married. You plan for nine months, and the wedding's over like that," Judd said.
"Dancing With The Stars" premieres Monday with a two-hour premiere, beginning at 8 p.m., on ABC7. The first elimination will be at the end of week two.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)