Rick Springfield to make rounds again on 'General Hospital'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Rick Springfield's Dr. Noah Drake is making the rounds again on "General Hospital" as part of the show's 50th anniversary. For Springfield, it always feels like going home again.
"I got my start here, so I have an allegiance to this show, definitely," Springfield said.
And it goes back a long time.
"I know everybody here, and I've known them, a lot of them, for 30 years," he said.
His son, Liam Springthorpe, will appear on the show this week as a detective.
"It's been really pleasant," Springthorpe said. "Everyone's really friendly and supportive, and I think that's all you can really ask for in this type of environment."
Springthorpe said his character will be assisting Luke and Laura, who are soap legends. Elizabeth Taylor was a legend, too, who appeared on "General Hospital" in the early '80s. Springfield said he remembers her well.
"We're doing a scene with Elizabeth Taylor, and we're walking off arm and arm as the camera fades to black, and she goes, 'Acting is so stupid.'"
Springthorpe will be on the show on Friday, along with the surprise return of another character -- this one connected to Laura. Springfield returns the week of April 1.
celebrity, abc, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 37 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine 32 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
45 min ago