'Dancing With The Stars': Zendaya Coleman's Jive lands her on top again
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The stars are just getting going in the "Dancing With The Stars" competition and some of the teams are already going strong. These were just the second dances of the season and the judges have already handed out some nines.
Zendaya Coleman won raves and 26 points for her Jive with Val Chmerkovskiy.
"When you hear the crowd clapping and you hear positive things from the judges and he's happy about it, it's just good," Coleman said.
The pieces of mirror in Kellie Pickler's dress cut partner Derek Hough's arms a bit, but they still tied for first place.
"Two nines in week two, it's kind of scary, actually," Hough said.
"We got to bring it next week - big time," Pickler added.
Aly Raisman Quickstepped to third place with Mark Ballas.
"I'm nervous before, but then when I step out there, I just feel really calm and relaxed and just try to have fun," Raisman said.
In fourth this week was Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff.
Soap star Ingo Rademacher, comedian Andy Dick and bachelor Sean Lowe landed in a three-way tie for fifth.
"It's so hard and I've never done anything more difficult," Dick said. "I'm changing inside and out."
"This is going to be a slow process and there's a learning curve," Lowe said. "As long as we continue to improve each week, I think we're going to be all right."
Next on the leaderboard was another three-way tie between Victor Ortiz, Wynonna Judd and Lisa Vanderpump.
"Just trust me on this: as it goes, I'll get crazier and crazier," Judd said.
D.L. Hughley moved up a notch to 11th place.
Olympic great Dorothy Hamill struggled the most. She still danced numb and weak in the ankle due to a cyst pressing on a nerve, but she feels bad about her last-place finish with 15 out of 30 for her Jive.
When you add in last week's scores, Hamill is in a four-way tie for 8th place. Hughley is at the bottom. The first couple goes home Tuesday night.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 2 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 21 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 15 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 53 min ago
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 51 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker