'Dancing With The Stars': Kellie Pickler is queen on 'Prom Night'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- For the 11 remaining couples on "Dancing With The Stars," Monday was "Prom Night," and many of the scores were as close as a slow dance.
The night's top eight teams were separated by only four points. Just don't mention numbers to the team on top.
Singer Kellie Pickler and her partner, Derek Hough, danced their way to the top of the judges' leaderboard this week with 25 points for their Jive.
Performing a Viennese Waltz dedicated to her grandmother who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, Zendaya Coleman and partner Val Chmerkovskiy tied for second place with 24 points.
"It's still good, but I think right now, honestly, I'm just celebrating for my grandma. She enjoyed it, she's happy," Coleman said.
So is the team tied for second with them, Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff.
With 23 points, Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas tied for fourth with boxer Victor Ortiz and partner Lindsay Arnold. Ortiz made a giant leap this week with the judges.
"I had a good time," Ortiz said. "Just hearing them saying something like that, it was like music to my ears."
In a three-way tie for sixth place with 21 points were Sean Lowe with his Cha Cha, Lisa Vanderpump with her Viennese Waltz and Ingo Rademacher with his Paso Doble.
"I just loved it," Vanderpump said. "Everything about it was something that I think you would dream of."
Rademacher weathered a wardrobe malfunction when his partner's dress didn't rip away quite as planned.
"It took the wind out of my sails a little bit and I think if that hadn't happened, we probably may have had an eight in there from somebody, which would have been really nice," he said. "It would have taken us to the next level."
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 22 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 17 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West 13 min ago
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach 32 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- 'The Butler' snubbed by Golden Globes
3 min ago