Sarah Chalke moves in with TV parents (for the rest of her life)
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Sarah Chalke made her U.S. television debut when she was 16, playing the second "Becky" on "Roseanne." She then spent many years playing a doctor on the TV comedy "Scrubs."
Now Chalke's back in the sitcom fold with the longest TV title we've had in a while: "How to Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)," about a grown-up daughter with a child of her own moves back in with mom and dad ( played by Elizabeth Perkins and Brad Garrett.
"I love that it pushes the envelope, and I love that it takes risks and that it's wildly fun and inappropriate," said Chalke. "At the end of the day you see that all these people just really love each other and care about each other."
"Claudia Lonow, who created the show, she always says in real life, because this is her true story, that between the three of them they made one responsible parent," Chalke added.
Chalke is a mother herself, and said she completely relates to a lot of the things her alter-ego must go though.
"You're trying to balance your whole life and be the best mom in the world and be good at your job," she said. "And for Polly she's out there trying to date as well, and juggle all of these balls. That part of it was a big part of the decision for me. There was so much in the script I could relate to."
"How to Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life")" airs Wednesdays at 9:30 p.m., following "Modern Family," on ABC7.
television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Southern California heat expected to die down 49 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 20 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
49 min ago