'Evil Dead' remake promises lots of blood, screams
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Fede Alvarez, the director of the remake of the 1981 horror classic, "The Evil Dead," said he used at least 70,000 of gallons of fake blood brought in by tanker truck to help create this gory story.
"Suburgatory" star Jane Levy is the leading, and sometimes lewd, lady.
In "Evil Dead," Levy plays a young woman who becomes possessed by a demon in a cabin in the woods. Someone should have left that book alone.
This R-rated film is graphic and, arguably, gross -- with foaming at the mouth, bloody throw-up and unlimited supply of blood splatter.
"It's never too much because it's an 'Evil Dead' movie, and what makes this film special, I guess, is that they are so outrageous and over-the-top," said Alvarez. "You'll laugh, you're scared, you have the anticipation, you have the fall and then after it's done, even though it was super scary, people want to jump right back in."
Levy admits she's been traumatized by horror films in the past. Did she traumatize her parents with her performance?
"My dad says it's the best movie he's ever seen in his life," said Levy. "My mom was, I think, a little bit uneasy."
Maybe because her daughter does a lot of screaming in the film.
"I'm a really good screamer," said Levy.
"Evil Dead" opens in theaters on Friday.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 19 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 22 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
35 min ago