'Dancing With The Stars' elimination: Beverly Hills housewife Lisa Vanderpump booted
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The dreaded "bottom two" Tuesday night on "Dancing With The Stars" came down to the boxer and the Beverly Hills housewife.
In the end, reality star Lisa Vanderpump of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" was the third star of the season - and the third woman in a row - to leave the competition. Victor Ortiz will live to dance another day.
As she stood next to her partner Gleb Savchenko, Vanderpump said she felt it was her time to go.
"I've had an amazing time," she said. "He's made it so much better. A lot of laughs, but it's time for me to get back to my life, really."
Vanderpump learned four dances along the way, starting with the Foxtrot, then the Jive. She got her best scores, triple sevens, with an elegant and classy Viennese Waltz. She also battled through illness Monday night to perform what would be her last dance, the Cha Cha.
"When I kind of stood out there and I was going to rip that dress off, I thought, 'Have I lost my mind? There's like 20 million people watching and there's thousands out there, and I feel like crap and we haven't rehearsed it,' and I just went, 'You know what? Just do it,'" she said.
Savchenko said they had a lot of fun along the way.
"It wasn't just like a teaching process that I teach someone, it was just the whole kind of life experience for me," he said. "It was great."
Vanderpump said it's been challenging and she's learned courage in the face of adversity.
"It's not so much how many times you fall, it's how many times you get up," she said.
Now the remaining stars are up for a new challenge next week.
"It's odd," said Sharna Burgess, Andy Dick's partner. "They are introducing this new thing. The pro couple comes out and dances first for about 30 seconds. We then dance with them, synchronized choreography, side-by-side. It has to be synchronized choreography for 15 to 20 seconds and then we do our solo piece."
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
22 min ago