'How to Live w/ Parents' features TV veterans
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In "How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)," Brad Garrett and Elizabeth Perkins see their free-spirited lives turned upside down when their grown daughter moves back in with them.
"I think the roles have been reversed. We're very immature, and she's very together," Perkins said.
Sarah Chalke plays their uptight daughter, and the two veterans also share many scenes with Rachel Eggleston, who plays their granddaughter.
Perkins says she definitely sees herself in her character, Elaine.
"I can be a little outrageous. I can be very outspoken. I can say what's on my mind," Perkins said.
Perkins also said she relates because her kids are around the same age is Chalke's character.
"The thought of them moving back full time is a little overwhelming," Perkins said. "You get to a certain age where you do start enjoying the empty nest. You enjoy the freedom of running around the house naked, and we put in the time."
"It's fun to be able to have a marriage where you're very much into each other later in life, and it's kind of our time," Garrett added.
"How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)" airs Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. on ABC7.
television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX 24 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors