Carol Burnett Square dedicated to veteran actress
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Carol Burnett Square at Selma and Highland avenues pays tribute to the veteran actress, comedienne and author.
The plaque, which was dedicated on Wednesday, is located just outside Burnett's alma mater, Hollywood High School.
Burnett described the honor as one of the deepest she's received in her life.
"It's more personal than anything I've ever received," Burnett said, adding that she will definitely smile every time she drives by that sign.
Burnett has been a part of Hollywood for decades. Her most memorable role was being the star of "The Carol Burnett Show."
The actress said the Los Angeles dedication and the fact that her book, "Carrie and Me," is already a hit, is almost overwhelming.
"Two wonderful personal things today. I'm just going to mark this day with a gold pin on my calendar," Burnett said.
The actress was serenaded at her ceremony by H2O, Hollywood High School's vocal performing group. The day couldn't end without the famous theme song from "The Carol Burnett Show" - the song Burnett performed every week for 11 seasons.
celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 47 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence 27 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 11 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians