'Dancing With The Stars': Kellie Pickler gets judge Len Goodman's first 10 of season
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In Week 6 of this season of 'Dancing With The Stars,' the eight remaining couples danced a variety of dance styles, including the team challenge Paso vs. Samba. The group scores were added to the individual scores for an overall total for the night.
Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough scored 54 out of 60 points, including a 29 out of 30 for their Quickstep. In the process, the couple received head judge Len Goodman's first 10 of the season.
Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovsky got the same score, a 29, for their Cha Cha. But when the night was over, she landed in third place.
"I'm very appreciative that I got 10s and stuff, but at the end of the day, I did good on my dance and I did what he told me to do and I feel like I've been growing," Coleman said.
Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas' combined scores, a 52, landed them in second place.
With 46 points, Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson tied for fourth place with Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd.
"I'm going to come back next week and I'm going to work my tail off because I still have my sights set on that final Monday night," Lowe said.
When this Monday night was over, Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff found themselves in sixth place.
"You can't be perfect every time," Jones said. "We keep battling."
So do Andy Dick, who finished seventh, and Victor Ortiz in eighth.
"Do I want to go home? No. Am I a good dancer? No. Have I been trying? Yes," Ortiz said.
One more celebrity goes home on elimination night Tuesday.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds