'Iron Man 3' premieres in Los Angeles; Robert Downey Jr. describes 'humbling' film tour
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The third film in the billion-dollar "Iron Man" franchise has flown all around the world for the past two weeks, hosting premieres from Asia to Europe.
On Wednesday, Iron Man himself, Robert Downey Jr., suited up for the biggest red carpet of all -- at home in Los Angeles. Even with all the traveling, he said he's not exhausted.
"When you love what you do and it's well received, there's just for every 49 percent you put out, you get back 51. And it's just those little seconds and inches of enjoyment and audience reaction. People really like 'Iron Man 3' and that is such a relief," said Downey Jr.
The actor said it has been a humbling experience to be in so many countries and see how passionate everyone is about the "Iron Man" franchise.
"Korea just blew my mind; China was a life-changing experience; Russia, I actually got to stop just for a second and go soak up some culture there; Germany, I was in Germany and my mom's birthday and she has a lot of German blood, so I wore a lederhosen in her honor; Paris, met up with the family, got to hang out a bunch. You can't beat Paris. London's my home away from home with the 'Sherlock' franchise. And now here, we are like...in my seventh market," he said.
His costars, including Gwyneth Paltrow -- who plays Pepper Potts-- Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Sir Ben Kingsley, Jon Favreau, joined him for the Hollywood premiere.
The film opens on May 3.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis