TCM Classic Film Festival kicks off with many stars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This year's line-up at the 2013 TCM Classic Film Festival includes 78 movies as well as celebrity appearances, panel discussions, interviews and special exhibits.
Things kicked off Thursday night with the 45th anniversary restoration of "Funny Girl," the 1968 film starring Barbra Stresiand in her film debut.
"We deliver these classic films to people and take care of them and deliver them in the right way and now have got this event to get these stars honored the way they ought to be," said TCM host Ben Mankiewicz.
Among the films being celebrated is "Giant" with Elizabeth Taylor, James Dean and Jane Withers.
"'Giant' was 57 years ago and my first starring picture, George. It was such a dream come true," said Withers.
Also on the schedule is 1945's "Mildred Pierce" with Joan Crawford and Ann Blyth as her conniving daughter.
"We would finish a scene and the A.D. would say, 'All right, Ann, back to school.' And, OK, I'll take off my acting hat and I'll put on my school hat," said Blyth.
Blyth told me she's grateful for every fan letter she still gets from all around the world, and she answers every one of them.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis