'Dancing With The Stars': Kellie Pickler gets immunity after sexy Samba
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- For the first time on "Dancing With The Stars," the show granted immunity for the week to the couple with the highest score.
With their grandparents in the audience, Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough performed a sexy Samba, scoring 29 out of 30 points on Latin night.
They tied for first, but won immunity since they have a higher cumulative score than Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas.
The remaining six teams performed in dance-offs for extra points.
Raisman and Ballas, Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovskiy, along with Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson all added three extra points to their scores.
Raisman and Ballas were in second place for the week. He danced with a back injury, but couldn't stand to do the press line after the show.
"It's just horrible and I feel awful," Raisman said. "There's nothing worse than when you literally can't move, so he's definitely a warrior and he's definitely very, very tough."
In third place for the week were Coleman and Chmerkovskiy.
"I'm actually excited that I got to dance again and kind of got to do something different," Coleman said. "I'm happy."
In fourth place were Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff, whose Salsa included one wildly dangerous-looking move in which he jumped in the air in Smirnoff's direction as she bent over backwards.
"We wanted to make it a little more exciting," she said. "The shock value was there. He nailed it."
In fifth place were Rademacher and Johnson.
A point behind in sixth place was a focused Sean Lowe and partner Peta Murgatroyd.
"My life is dancing," he said. "I mean, that's it. I eat, sleep and breathe dancing, which is kind of scary."
Trailing the pack this week is Andy Dick. He received 17 points.
"From this point on, I don't even think that we think of this as a competition. We're here to have fun and entertain," Dick said.
One judge gave Dick a score of 5, a number generally not seen Week 7.
Dick's fans have saved him so far. We'll see if it happens again Tuesday night during elimination.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months