Katie Couric's Hollywood week begins with Jimmy Kimmel
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Katie Couric has taken over Hollywood and Jimmy Kimmel's studio to bring viewers a week of California fun. Her first guest is the master of the house, Kimmel himself.
"I've been on his show a couple of times, and I've had such a great time with him, so now I'm really excited to change places with him, and I'll be the one asking the questions," Couric said.
Kimmel and his sidekick Guillermo kick things off, and Couric's got quite a lineup throughout the week, including Rod Stewart, Snoop Lion, Will.i.am, Maya Rudolph, Zooey Deschanel, Mindy Kaling and Eric Stonestreet.
Couric said after working in the business for 30 years, she's gotten proficient at manking people feel comfortable.
"And I think, you know, it sounds corny, but I actually care about what they are saying," Couric said.
Couric says her focus isn't just on the stars who'll be visiting. She's also mindful about her studio audience.
"We've got some things up our sleeve," she said. "They'll sometimes be doing home with something fun. I don't want to give too much away."
Couric's Hollywood week begins Monday at 3 p.m. on ABC7.
television, celebrity, hollywood, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis