Katie Couric's Hollywood week begins with Jimmy Kimmel
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Katie Couric has taken over Hollywood and Jimmy Kimmel's studio to bring viewers a week of California fun. Her first guest is the master of the house, Kimmel himself.
"I've been on his show a couple of times, and I've had such a great time with him, so now I'm really excited to change places with him, and I'll be the one asking the questions," Couric said.
Kimmel and his sidekick Guillermo kick things off, and Couric's got quite a lineup throughout the week, including Rod Stewart, Snoop Lion, Will.i.am, Maya Rudolph, Zooey Deschanel, Mindy Kaling and Eric Stonestreet.
Couric said after working in the business for 30 years, she's gotten proficient at manking people feel comfortable.
"And I think, you know, it sounds corny, but I actually care about what they are saying," Couric said.
Couric says her focus isn't just on the stars who'll be visiting. She's also mindful about her studio audience.
"We've got some things up our sleeve," she said. "They'll sometimes be doing home with something fun. I don't want to give too much away."
Couric's Hollywood week begins Monday at 3 p.m. on ABC7.
television, celebrity, hollywood, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 46 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
31 min ago