'Dancing With The Stars' elimination: 'Bachelor' star Sean Lowe sent home
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Another celebrity was sent packing from "Dancing With The Stars" Tuesday night. Sean Lowe, of TV's "The Bachelor," lasted for eight weeks of competition before the bloom was off the rose.
During that time, he had his ups and downs. With partner Peta Murgatroyd, Lowe got his best scores on Monday night - triple eights - for the Quickstep and Rumba.
"I'm going to walk out of here with a sense of accomplishment," Lowe said. "Even though I went home tonight, I know that I put in a lot of hard work and that hard work paid off."
Jacoby Jones and his partner Karina Smirnoff were in jeopardy. They received 27 out of 30 on Monday for their Viennese Waltz and 25 out of 30 for their trio performance. But in the end, Lowe did win the audience votes.
Lowe said he's happy with the way it turned out.
"Of course, I had my sights set on the mirror ball trophy, but realistically, I think I did pretty well," he said.
The five remaining teams will battle it out next week for a spot in the finals.
For the first time ever, the finale will feature four couples instead of three.
"It'll be interesting," said professional dancer Mark Ballas. "I think it'll give it a lot more pressure for everybody, so we'll just see who handles it the best."
The final five already working on two dances for next week.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)