New 'Bachelorette' Desiree Hartsock mum on if she's in love
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TV's newest "Bachelorette" is down to 15 potential husbands after saying goodbye to 10 guys in one fell swoop during Monday night's season premiere.
Filming of the show is over but Desiree Hartsock still won't answer one simple question: Is she in love? Her refusal to answer makes me wonder.
"I hope that at the end of this, you won't be so cynical," said Hartsock.
Time will tell. But as we watch Hartsock maneuver her way through the season, she will say this: you can expect a lot of dramatic moments and heartbreak on this edition of "The Bachelorette."
"Even the ones I let go, they were very understanding and very respectful, I think, of where I was coming from, for the most part. I mean, maybe not everyone," she said. "Most of them were just really well-rounded, amazing men, but there are a few that slipped through the cracks and you'll be able to see."
Hartsock says what you'll see is all genuine. While she says she always thought she knew what she wanted in her life, this made her realize what she needed in it. Note the "ifs" in her statements.
"So in my day-to-day life, I make relationships work if I'm in love. And I think if I do choose someone, I would be able to make it work," said Hartsock.
I asked her if she's in love right now.
"To be honest, this journey was extremely emotional and dramatic and there's going to be a lot of surprises, and you'll just have to stay tuned," she said.
Hartsock has said she can't give away whether or not she's happy, and that's a first for me. I've never gotten that answer from any bachelor or bachelorette I've interviewed. I told her that I'm not convinced she's in love.
"Well you'll have to stay tuned," she replied. "I want you to be able to watch and be surprised because there are so many twists and turns and it's going to be interesting to watch. I can't say if I am or if I'm not."
Hartsock says she goes for good humor over good looks. She told me she loves someone who's witty, sarcastic and can make her laugh.
television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 29 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 20 min ago