Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson reunite for 'The Internship'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's a "Wedding Crashers" reunion as Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson return together for the new comedy, "The Internship."
"It's very funny and it's got fun cameos and a lot of fun stuff, but it's got a lot of warmth and a lot of hope to it," said Vaughn.
Vaughn came up with the idea for "The Internship," which is about two middle-aged guys hoping for a second shot at a career by becoming interns at Google. He produced it, co-wrote it and co-stars with Wilson and a lot of energetic young talent.
"These kids were so great. They were so enthusiastic and they were coming up with fun stuff every day, and we had a lot of fun with the kids. They were really, really great," said Vaughn.
The film gives us a glimpse of the high-tech world of Google, which was another world for Wilson.
"They had a dinner for us when were filming at Google and they were wearing those glasses, these new things with the little computers on the glasses. So it did seem like, wow, this is like, they're really on the cutting edge of stuff," said Wilson.
The film's director, Shawn Levy, says Google is a weird place with a carnival-like atmosphere, but it works. And he thinks the movie works, too.
"We did have repeated early screenings, and consistently the feedback has been so enthusiastic. Hopefully that word will spread and, you know, we'll get out of the gate and be a part of this summer," said Levy.
"The Internship" is rated PG-13. It'll be in theaters June 7.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants