New Superman Henry Cavill describes trying on costume for 1st time
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Henry Cavill suits up to play the starring role in "Man of Steel." The 30-year-old actor is the face of Hollywood's new Superman and he's coming soon to a theater near you.
The iconic character has been around for 75 years now. But this modern-day reboot attempts to make Superman more relatable. It's about a guy who's not quite sure how he fits into the world in which he lives. Cavill has thought a lot about Superman's situation.
"You feel incredibly alone and you walk through life that way. And you never know what the world is going to think of you if they were to discover you," said Cavill. "This movie isn't a superhero movie. It's a story which happens to have a superhero in it."
It also has a two-time Oscar winner. Russell Crowe plays Superman's birth father, Jor-El.
"I think the thing they're going to find probably the most intriguing is he's probably the best actor who's ever played Superman. So there's more emotional scope within the role," said Crowe.
There's also a new costume for Superman, which initially involved several concepts, various materials and different lengths for the cape.
"I put it on and I turn around and looked in the mirror and there's something truly special about it," Cavill said about putting on the costume for the first time. "There's a genuine physical energy, almost visual energy, which it has. I like to liken it to when someone cooks you a delicious meal and you can taste the love in it. It may be all the same ingredients, but there's something different about it because someone genuinely cared while creating this thing for you."
"Man of Steel" is rated PG-13. It flies into theaters June 14.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 29 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 57 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 22 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Vigils held for 2 NorCal bus crash victims
6 min ago