Amy Adams is 'Lois Lane' for new generation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Four-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams enters the superhero world in the Superman reboot, "Man of Steel." She's the new "Lois Lane" for a new generation.
"I still think of Margot Kidder as Lois Lane. Even though I've now played Lois Lane, she's still my Lois Lane. So it's kind of surreal to think that people will then see me in that way," said Adams. "
This is clearly the most progressive Lois Lane yet. I was stunned when I saw Lois Lane down some scotch.
"Well, you know, a girl's got to relax somehow, right?" said Adams. "They really allowed for Lois to exist in a very modern world and allowed her to not be an archetype in any way but like a real, flesh out human being."
Adams says making "Man of Steel" was a lot of fun, especially for a Superman fan like herself.
"My man, my fiancé, he loves it as well, so it's fun to get to share that excitement with somebody. But I grew up loving, loving Superman, loving the movies, never really thinking I could be Lois Lane, but always sort of wanting to be Superman's love interest," said Adams.
"Man of Steel" is rated PG-13. It runs about 2 hours and 15 minutes, unless you stay for all the credits. It opens Friday.
celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- El Nino watch: Cycle possible next winter
48 min ago