Ryan Reynolds lends voice to racing snail in 'Turbo'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor Ryan Reynolds has two chances to top the box office race this week. Friday, we'll see him in "R.I.P.D." opposite Jeff Bridges. But first, on Wednesday, we'll hear him in the animated film, "Turbo."
Reynolds lends his voice to the title character Turbo, a snail that dreams an impossible dream: living life in the fast lane as a racer.
After a freak accident helps make those dreams come true, Turbo sets his sights on the top prize... winning the Indy 500.
"There's a lot of people telling him he can't do it and he perseveres in spite of that," said Reynolds. "And I think that's what life is about, achieving your goals despite what anyone says and what anyone thinks.
"Everybody experiences that, that moment where they're told that they're not good enough, smart enough, strong enough or fast enough. And we all have to push through that boundary no matter who we are and what we are, and I think it's important to deliver that message to young people."
With his work earlier this year in "The Croods" and now "Turbo," Reynolds has happily spent a lot of his time behind the microphone working on animated movies.
"I have an army of nieces and nephews and these are movies that I get to bring them to, and they get to experience and see what their uncle does. So for me it's a huge treat," said Reynolds.
"Turbo" also features the voice talents of Samuel L. Jackson, Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Snoop Dogg, Maya Rudolph and Michelle Rodriguez. It's rated PG.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 59 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 49 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 49 min ago