'Red 2' movie review: A fun, smart film with a great cast
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Mary-Louise Parker are back for a new adventure in "Red 2."
RED, you may remember, stands for retired and extremely dangerous. This time the ex-CIA operatives join forces to fix a potential nuclear crisis.
Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Korean superstar Byung-hun Lee are added to the cast.
Fun is a good word to describe "Red 2" because that's what I was having watching it. To see these actors of a certain age kicking you know what like they were still in their 20s just made me smile.
The story plays out with a "wink" to the audience so you know not to take the plot too seriously. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one, too. And if you haven't seen the first one, you'll catch on quickly.
It's sometimes dangerous and sometimes deadpan. The movie moves and it's elevated by a really good cast. It's also smart and a little wicked. I recommend it.
"Red 2" is rated PG-13, and goes well with popcorn.
movie news, movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 43 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 54 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment 20 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 5 min ago
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis