'Red 2' movie review: A fun, smart film with a great cast
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Mary-Louise Parker are back for a new adventure in "Red 2."
RED, you may remember, stands for retired and extremely dangerous. This time the ex-CIA operatives join forces to fix a potential nuclear crisis.
Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Korean superstar Byung-hun Lee are added to the cast.
Fun is a good word to describe "Red 2" because that's what I was having watching it. To see these actors of a certain age kicking you know what like they were still in their 20s just made me smile.
The story plays out with a "wink" to the audience so you know not to take the plot too seriously. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one, too. And if you haven't seen the first one, you'll catch on quickly.
It's sometimes dangerous and sometimes deadpan. The movie moves and it's elevated by a really good cast. It's also smart and a little wicked. I recommend it.
"Red 2" is rated PG-13, and goes well with popcorn.
movie news, movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Southern California heat expected to die down 17 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians
- Entire Newport Beach Little League suspended
57 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
17 min ago