'Red 2' movie review: A fun, smart film with a great cast
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Mary-Louise Parker are back for a new adventure in "Red 2."
RED, you may remember, stands for retired and extremely dangerous. This time the ex-CIA operatives join forces to fix a potential nuclear crisis.
Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Korean superstar Byung-hun Lee are added to the cast.
Fun is a good word to describe "Red 2" because that's what I was having watching it. To see these actors of a certain age kicking you know what like they were still in their 20s just made me smile.
The story plays out with a "wink" to the audience so you know not to take the plot too seriously. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one, too. And if you haven't seen the first one, you'll catch on quickly.
It's sometimes dangerous and sometimes deadpan. The movie moves and it's elevated by a really good cast. It's also smart and a little wicked. I recommend it.
"Red 2" is rated PG-13, and goes well with popcorn.
movie news, movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 13 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
25 min ago