Hugh Jackman plays desperate father in 'Prisoners'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hugh Jackman plays a desperate father searching for his missing daughter and her friend in "Prisoners." It's a film that's full of twists, turns and some shocking moments.
Jake Gyllenhaal plays a cop on the case. Jackman, Maria Bello, Viola Davis and Terrence Howard are their distraught parents.
Jackman's character decides to take matters into his own hands.
"On one side, it's a classic genre thriller, edge-of-your seat, sort of suspenseful drama. But it's also so much more than that. Beyond that, it makes you think about it for a long time after," Jackman said.
Bello says the audience should expect to be disturbed.
"Expect that you are going to think things and feel things and ask questions of yourself that you probably haven't for a long time or maybe ever," Bello said.
"The tornado at the end of this movie will strip you down to what you're made of," Howard said.
"Prisoners" opens Sept. 20. The movie is rated R.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic violence murder suspect at large 1 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked 36 min ago
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate