Hugh Jackman plays desperate father in 'Prisoners'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hugh Jackman plays a desperate father searching for his missing daughter and her friend in "Prisoners." It's a film that's full of twists, turns and some shocking moments.
Jake Gyllenhaal plays a cop on the case. Jackman, Maria Bello, Viola Davis and Terrence Howard are their distraught parents.
Jackman's character decides to take matters into his own hands.
"On one side, it's a classic genre thriller, edge-of-your seat, sort of suspenseful drama. But it's also so much more than that. Beyond that, it makes you think about it for a long time after," Jackman said.
Bello says the audience should expect to be disturbed.
"Expect that you are going to think things and feel things and ask questions of yourself that you probably haven't for a long time or maybe ever," Bello said.
"The tornado at the end of this movie will strip you down to what you're made of," Howard said.
"Prisoners" opens Sept. 20. The movie is rated R.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 5 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks