'Enough Said' opens on James Gandolfini's birthday
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Enough Said," one of the last films actor James Gandolfini made before his untimely death, hit theaters Wednesday, on what would have been his 52nd birthday.
The romantic comedy also stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus and allows Gandolfini to remind moviegoers that he was far more than "Tony Soprano."
"It's very bittersweet. I wish he was on the carpet with me at this very second," said Louis-Dreyfus.
Louis-Dreyfus and Gandolfini play divorcees facing the "empty nest" syndrome who meet, become friends and start a relationship. Fans will see the late star playing more of an "everyman" in this film.
"This is how great an actor Jim was. He was no Tony Soprano. This guy was thoughtful, generous, sweet, self-effacing guy like the character he plays in the film," said Louis-Dreyfus.
Ben Falcone and Toni Collette play friends of the new couple.
"When the experience of making a film has been so buoyant and lovely and fun, you want to get together and celebrate that experience and share it with the world. But the film is dedicated to Jim. He is just so divine in the movie," said Collette.
At the film's debut in New York City this week, several of Gandolfini's "The Sopranos" co-stars turned out to help pay tribute to their late friend.
"He's our pal, and we're coming to pay our respects. He might be dead, technically, but he's still there with me," said actor Tony Sirico. "Jimmy had a lot of colors. He was a great actor."
"Enough Said" is rated PG-13.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 32 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted 37 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler