Hugh Jackman talks 'Prisoners,' 1-man show at Dolby Theatre
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hugh Jackman opened up about how filming the thriller "Prisoners" affected him as a father, and gave the inside scoop about his upcoming one-man show at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
It's been a big year for Jackman. He started off with an Oscar nomination for "Les Miserables." Earlier this summer, he tore up the screen as "Wolverine," which has earned $366 million so far. Now, he's jumping into the new thriller, "Prisoners."
"This movie, I defy anybody within half an hour, within an hour to know how it's going to finish up," Jackman said.
In "Prisoners," Jackman plays a frustrated father who decides to take things into his own hands after his young daughter and her friend disappear.
Jackman says on one side, the film is a classic, edge-of-your-seat, suspenseful thriller-drama - but it's also much more than that.
"It is heightened melodrama in a way. It's the most heightened sort of human experience probably you can have next to death. So it's the challenge of making that real and visceral, and taking an audience on that journey is exciting to me," Jackman described.
He said the film had an effect on him as a father.
"It certainly made me hug my kids a little tighter and watch them a little closer, and probably I'm more in line with his line of 'Pray for the best, prepare for the worst,'" he said.
The multi-talented star is bringing the best of his song-and-dance man repertoire to the Dolby Theatre next month for a unique one-man show.
"The whole event is for the Motion Picture & Television Fund, which is a great cause. It looks after the people in our industry that need help," Jackman said. "We're just doing one night. I'm going to have a lot of fun. It's very indulgent of me. I sing my favorite songs. I tell stories about myself. It's just all about me."
"Hugh Jackman...One Night Only" will take place Oct. 12.
"Prisoners" hits theaters this weekend.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 19 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 10 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Obama to preserve California federal lands 6 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video