Gwyneth Paltrow tackles unexplored subject in 'Thanks for Sharing'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Gwyneth Paltrow started the summer in the season's biggest hit, reprising her role as Pepper Potts in "Iron Man 3." She's ending it with the independent romantic comedy, "Thanks for Sharing."
"This film is about three men who are in a 12-step program in New York for sex addiction. It is sort of the story of their interweaving friendship as they try to help each other recover," described the film's director Stuart Blumberg.
Mark Ruffalo plays one recovering sex addict, who has recently re-entered the dating world after five years of sex sobriety.
Paltrow plays a woman who's had bad luck on the relationship front but she is drawn to Ruffalo's character. The script called for a few racy scenes.
While this mother of two says stripping down on-screen can be a little embarrassing, she said it can also be a bit freeing.
"I feel like when I do a part, it is for me. I want to really explore whatever. If I am in lingerie, or if I'm doing something racy then so be it. Like if I feel that is an aspect of myself that I want to express, then I do it. It's my one time a year to express myself," Paltrow said.
Last spring, People magazine named Paltrow as the most beautiful woman of the year. She is happy to know that the old mindset has changed that deemed 40-plus women over the hill.
"For me, I want to embrace my age. I'm going to be 41 in a week. I'm so happy to be a woman and to have amazing women in my life. I don't mind my wrinkles, but you know I just want to stay healthy and look as good as I can without looking crazy," said Paltrow.
"Thanks for Sharing" is rated R and in theaters this weekend.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions