Maria Bello on 'Prisoners': 'Expect to be disturbed'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In "Prisoners," Maria Bello takes on the tormented role of a mother trying to cope with the mysterious disappearance and possible abduction of her little girl.
It's the latest in a series of dramatic roles for the actress, including her critically-acclaimed work in "A History of Violence."
The plot in "Prisoners" begs the question: What would you do if your child and the child of your best friend suddenly vanished and the main suspect in the case was free on bond? Bello's character is numb with sadness, worry and fear.
"For me, I feel like my repertoire has been built up by the life that I've lived, right? And I've had some grief in my life. I know what that is. I carry it inside of me. And so for this role, to have to fall to my knees in grief, I know what that is," said Bello.
It is painful to watch Bello's character sometimes.
"Oh yeah, I'm sure it is. It was painful for me to watch myself sometimes. It was painful for me to watch all ourselves in the movie and how we were dealing with it," said Bello. "Expect to be disturbed. Expect that you are going to think things and feel things and ask questions of yourself that you probably haven't for a long time, or maybe ever. And it will be a ride, an experience, and something that you will continue to talk about."
"Prisoners" also stars Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Terrence Howard, Viola Davis, Paul Dano and Melissa Leo. It is rated R.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition 44 min ago
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park 8 min ago
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 27 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report