'Dancing With The Stars' elimination: Christina Milian gets the boot
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was a bit of a shocker during Monday night's elimination on "Dancing With The Stars."
The contestants danced to the theme of "The Most Memorable Year" of their lives. The first couple to earn a "10" this season got sent home.
Christina Milian and Mark Ballas kicked off the show with a rousing Cha Cha Cha. They earned a total of 28 out of 30 points from the judges for their efforts.
But when that all-important fan vote was weighed into the equation, it was Milian's time to leave.
"I think what I'm going to take away is I'm stronger. It was an amazing experience," said Milian. "I was in shock today, but I had the time of my life and I'm not done. This is the beginning. This is such an amazing feat that I've been able to achieve. So I'm really proud of myself."
Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff tied Milian and Ballas for the high score of the night. Three couples came in next with 27 out of 30 -- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sasha Farber, Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd, and Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke.
Eight couples return to battle with another round of dance next Monday night.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 42 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
54 min ago