Chris Hemsworth talks 'Thor: The Dark World'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Chris Hemsworth returns to his fictional superhero role as Thor in the sequel "Thor: The Dark World."
In this one, Thor must battle in the name of universal peace. If he fails, it will be catastrophic.
It sounds heavy but the film does have plenty of lighter, more comedic moments including a slap by Natalie Portman.
The slaps were real and there were plenty.
"It got kind of hysterical by the end of it," said Hemsworth. "It was something where - it was that classic thing of you're in school and when you're not meant to laugh, that's when you want to laugh. And the more I laughed meant I was going to be slapped again because we'd just ruin the take. And that led into a number of, you know, a number of big hits."
Chris had to have big muscles for this role and it wasn't easy.
"Holding that kind of weight for me is an unnatural weight to be at so my body does want to shed it, you know, so I've got to eat a lot and train a lot," said Hemsworth. "If the schedule would get so intense that I couldn't do that, then some of the weight would drop away and we'd have to make adjustments with the suit."
Hemsworth's shirtless scene was almost cut out of the movie because Director Alan Taylor thought it didn't advance the plot. That was until women in the back of the editing room protested.
"Thor: The Dark World" arrives in theaters in 3-D on Nov. 8.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect found after escaping from police 2 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
39 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
34 min ago