Clinton Kelly talks being fabulous on budget
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Clinton Kelly is one of the co-hosts of "The Chew," but he's expanding his media world with his latest work. It's a book offering what he considers some pretty fabulous advice.
"Fabulousness is about the state of your mind, not about the state of your paycheck," Kelly says.
Kelly is on a mission. He wants women to "be all that they can be," and he wants them to know, it doesn't have to cost a lot of money.
His latest book, "Freakin' Fabulous on a Budget" outlines ways anyone can look and feel great, and he speaks from experience.
"It's about making smart choices," he says.
Kelly says he moved to New York City when he was 23 without a dime and a ton of debt.
"I sort of learned how to be fabulous on a budget, and it really sort of influenced who I am," he said.
Budgeting is also an important part of "The Chew."
"We've become really cognizant of the fact that the American viewer is strapped for time and a little bit strapped for cash, so we keep that in mind. We want to make things that are quick and easy and also don't cost a fortune, and we're really dedicated to that," Kelly said.
Kelly's background may be in fashion, but he admits to also being a pretty good home chef. And he's gotten even better by being around his co-hosts.
"I've learned so much from Mario and Michael and Carla. I think the biggest lessons that I've learned are basically salt and butter make everything taste a lot better," he said with a laugh.
From food to fashion to fun with crafts, Kelly calls himself a "jack of all trades." And when he meets fans, their questions to him run the gamut.
"I will get questions from 'What sort of jeans should I be wearing' to 'How do I make glitter stick on pumpkins' to 'Do you know what to do with turkey cutlets.' It's everything, and I love it because the answer is yes, I know how to do all of those things," Kelly said.
You can see Kelly on "The Chew" weekdays at noon on ABC7.
television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 30 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 41 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14