'Dancing With The Stars' elimination: 'Snooki' voted off
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There was a surprise elimination on "Dancing With The Stars" Monday night. Reality TV star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi was voted off the dance floor.
Polizzi and her partner Sasha Farber's judges scores alone would have kept them in the competition - but they were sent packing, due to lack of viewer votes.
"This was a great experience to show a new side to me and just a great experience for myself in pushing myself to do things that I never thought I would do. So it was amazing," said Polizzi.
Since there was no elimination last week, those judges' scores carried over and were added into this week's solo dances and team freestyle numbers. That put Amber Riley and Derek Hough on top.
"I didn't even know we were in first place, and then I saw it tonight and I was like, 'We're in first place?' That's so exciting! I had no clue," said Riley.
Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd had no clue their two-week tally was good enough for the No. 2 spot.
Elizabeth Berkley Lauren and Val Chmerkovskiy are tied for third place with Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff.
"We just keep making sure we do what we do day in and day out before that Monday. We're on a mission," said Lauren.
"We're at the point in the competition where the end is just far enough away to look at it, but it's not like you're at the final lap yet," said Bleu.
Two points under them are Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke.
"So it's like everyone needs to pick up the phone and vote," said Burke.
Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani salsa-ed to seventh place.
Despite his last place finish, comedian Bill Engvall lives to dance another week for guest judge Cher.
"I've been a fan of Cher since Sonny and Cher and "Half-Breed," and I will tell you that on my iPod there are Cher songs that I will scream out loud as I'm driving," said Engvall.
In addition to a dance-off challenge, the remaining seven teams will also dance to Cher's songs next week.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 12 min ago
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds