'Thor: The Dark World' stars talk about film
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Chris Hemsworth is back for another superhero adventure in "Thor: The Dark World." This time, Thor is fighting for universal peace. If he fails, the results will be catastrophic.
Hemsworth fought hard to bulk up to Thor-size proportions. Some said that multiple suits of armor were created for the actor because his body kept changing.
"I think they made more costumes because we kept destroying them in the battle sequences, ripping apart," said Hemsworth. "I mean holding that kind of weight for me isn't unnatural. My body does want to shed it. I've got to eat a lot. And if the schedule would get so intense that I couldn't do that, then some of the weight would drop away, and we would have to make adjustments with the suit."
Natalie Portman is also back as Thor's love interest, Jane.
"I think it's what the Marvel movies succeed at so much is just making it really like an enjoyable movie experience, and such a big part of that is humor," said Portman. "It's so fun to just get to be part of something that kids love, that a really wide audience loves. There's something (magical) about being part of real, pure entertainment."
Tom Hiddleston returns as Thor's less-than-trustworthy brother, Loki. He thinks the film works for the young and young at heart.
"I think children have such huge imaginations, and these films play into that. They want to believe in space, spaceships, gods, monsters, heroes and villains, and I hope there's still a kid in everybody who can tap into that and enjoy the film," said Hiddleston.
"Thor: The Dark World" is rated PG-13.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 55 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 58 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks