'Thor: The Dark World' stars talk about film
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Chris Hemsworth is back for another superhero adventure in "Thor: The Dark World." This time, Thor is fighting for universal peace. If he fails, the results will be catastrophic.
Hemsworth fought hard to bulk up to Thor-size proportions. Some said that multiple suits of armor were created for the actor because his body kept changing.
"I think they made more costumes because we kept destroying them in the battle sequences, ripping apart," said Hemsworth. "I mean holding that kind of weight for me isn't unnatural. My body does want to shed it. I've got to eat a lot. And if the schedule would get so intense that I couldn't do that, then some of the weight would drop away, and we would have to make adjustments with the suit."
Natalie Portman is also back as Thor's love interest, Jane.
"I think it's what the Marvel movies succeed at so much is just making it really like an enjoyable movie experience, and such a big part of that is humor," said Portman. "It's so fun to just get to be part of something that kids love, that a really wide audience loves. There's something (magical) about being part of real, pure entertainment."
Tom Hiddleston returns as Thor's less-than-trustworthy brother, Loki. He thinks the film works for the young and young at heart.
"I think children have such huge imaginations, and these films play into that. They want to believe in space, spaceships, gods, monsters, heroes and villains, and I hope there's still a kid in everybody who can tap into that and enjoy the film," said Hiddleston.
"Thor: The Dark World" is rated PG-13.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 1 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash 29 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 15 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role