'Thor: The Dark World' movie enjoyable, even without knowledge of lore
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Thor: The Dark World" is already conquering the international box office, with $150 million and counting so far. It opened Thursday night in the U.S. to about $7 million, with a big weekend expected ahead.
I was not a fan of the first one at all. So, surprise! I am a fan of this one.
Despite the fact the universe is in serious danger, "Thor: The Dark World" still has a sense of humor. And that's what I love most about the movie.
To explain everything that's going on here, you need a master's degree in superhero history. Or maybe you're a 12-year-old kid who loves Thor lore. Either way, some of it went over my head.
But in brief, and everyone will be able to understand this: Thor needs to save the universe. If he can't, well, it will be bad.
Chris Hemsworth is back as the mighty superhero, with Natalie Portman as his romantic interest. They're good together.
For me, "Thor: The Dark World" is a very visual, action-packed adventure. You know where it's probably going, but getting there is a good time.
Tom Hiddleston is also enjoyable as Thor's bad-boy brother, Loki.
"Thor: The Dark World" takes us into a different world where battles are fought, lessons are learned and imaginations are unleashed. Maybe yours will too, thinking perhaps of that old song "If I Had a Hammer."
Watching this, I boiled it down to good versus evil. And Thor's on the good side. I didn't grasp the depth. I'm sure die-hard fans will be thrilled they know and us commoners don't.
"Thor: The Dark World" is a good time, and I couldn't ask for anything more than that.
movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 10 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 36 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 40 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour