Funny, sad 'Nebraska' worth going for the ride
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- At the movies, "Nebraska" opened Friday in limited release. It's a road trip movie between a father and a son, in part, but is it worth you going along for the ride? Absolutely!
In director Alexander Payne's "Nebraska," Bruce Dern plays a man who's determined to get to Nebraska from his home in Montana because he's convinced he's won a million dollars in a mail-order sweepstakes.
Will Forte plays one of his sons. He takes his dad on the road, learning plenty along the way.
The "Saturday Night Live" alum is a revelation here; it's his best work. Dern is astounding. June Squibb, as his wife, gives a knockout performance Oscar voters should remember. And director Payne scores again.
"Nebraska" is funny, and yet it's sad too. Mostly, though, it's just an outstanding story very well told.
Bob Odenkirk and Stacy Keach add to the good casting of this rated-R film. I highly recommend it.
celebrity, movie news, movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report