Funny, sad 'Nebraska' worth going for the ride
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- At the movies, "Nebraska" opened Friday in limited release. It's a road trip movie between a father and a son, in part, but is it worth you going along for the ride? Absolutely!
In director Alexander Payne's "Nebraska," Bruce Dern plays a man who's determined to get to Nebraska from his home in Montana because he's convinced he's won a million dollars in a mail-order sweepstakes.
Will Forte plays one of his sons. He takes his dad on the road, learning plenty along the way.
The "Saturday Night Live" alum is a revelation here; it's his best work. Dern is astounding. June Squibb, as his wife, gives a knockout performance Oscar voters should remember. And director Payne scores again.
"Nebraska" is funny, and yet it's sad too. Mostly, though, it's just an outstanding story very well told.
Bob Odenkirk and Stacy Keach add to the good casting of this rated-R film. I highly recommend it.
celebrity, movie news, movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 46 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 33 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 18 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 2 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 51 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts