Jared Leto talks daring role in 'Dallas Buyers Club'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There is critical acclaim galore and a lot of Oscar buzz surrounding Jared Leto and his work in "Dallas Buyers Club."
Leto says the role has changed him forever.
"I think it's one of the most daring things I've ever done. I play a transgender woman who's addicted to drugs and dying of AIDS. You know, that's a challenge," said Leto.
He stars alongside Matthew McConaughey in a movie about the early days of AIDS and the fight to find treatments outside those approved by the FDA.
"It's a dramatic film. It's a very funny film. It shows you a world that you may not have seen before. It certainly shows you a side of me you've never seen before," said Leto.
"Dallas Buyers Club" goes into wide release Friday.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 2 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 9 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)