Dylan Quick named as suspect in Texas community college stabbing spree
April 9, 2013 (CYPRESS, Texas) -- The I-Team has new developments to report in the latest episode of campus violence.
The attacker was in custody Tuesday evening after cutting or stabbing 15 people on one of the Lone Star College campuses near Houston.
The I-Team has learned that police have identified the man as 20-year-old Dylan Quick, a student at the college.
At least one of the victims is now in critical condition after authorities say Quick slashed them with an X-Acto-style knife.
While at the campus police station, Quick allegedly said he was planning to murder as many people as possible but that the blade of the knife broke.
A motive is not clear, according to investigators.
Quick is hearing impaired, according to neighbors.
Friends say Quick was studying accounting and planned to transfer to the University of Houston.
The suspect was tackled and stopped by other students, but not before he ran a path and used the knife to attack 15 students. Some were taken to the hospital by ambulance. Others were airlifted by medevac helicopters.
Tuesday it was a knife attack. Three months ago at the same community college there was a shooting incident on campus in which several people were wounded.
iteam, chuck goudie
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant 44 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present