Dylan Quick named as suspect in Texas community college stabbing spree
April 9, 2013 (CYPRESS, Texas) -- The I-Team has new developments to report in the latest episode of campus violence.
The attacker was in custody Tuesday evening after cutting or stabbing 15 people on one of the Lone Star College campuses near Houston.
The I-Team has learned that police have identified the man as 20-year-old Dylan Quick, a student at the college.
At least one of the victims is now in critical condition after authorities say Quick slashed them with an X-Acto-style knife.
While at the campus police station, Quick allegedly said he was planning to murder as many people as possible but that the blade of the knife broke.
A motive is not clear, according to investigators.
Quick is hearing impaired, according to neighbors.
Friends say Quick was studying accounting and planned to transfer to the University of Houston.
The suspect was tackled and stopped by other students, but not before he ran a path and used the knife to attack 15 students. Some were taken to the hospital by ambulance. Others were airlifted by medevac helicopters.
Tuesday it was a knife attack. Three months ago at the same community college there was a shooting incident on campus in which several people were wounded.
iteam, chuck goudie
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program 8 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 38 min ago
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged 50 min ago
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
56 min ago