Man Killed in Lynwood Shooting
LYNWOOD (none) -- A gunman shot dead one man and wounded two others in Lynwood while attending a birthday party, a deputy said today.
The shooting occurred in the 3700 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, near Lynwood Park, around 11:30 p.m. last night, said Deputy Alba Yates of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.
One of the party goers pulled out a gun and started shooting at the victims, Yates said. The fatal victim was identified as 19-year-old Esteban Bueno.
A 20-year-old man, shot in the upper body, was listed in critical condition. A 19-year-old man, shot in the legs, was listed in stable condition, she said.
The shooting occurred at a Quinceanera party, Yates said.
A Quinceanera is a celebration of a Latina's 15th birthday. It acknowledges that a girl has reached maturity and is now an adult, ready to assume additional family and social responsibilities.
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 58 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker 12 min ago
- New technology monitors pet fitness
43 min ago