Brandon Menard Charged With Capital Murder
San Fernando, August 8, 2006 -- A 21-year-old man was charged with three counts of murder today in the stabbing deaths of his parents and younger sister at their home in Northridge.
Brandon Menard, who was arrested Friday, is charged in the deaths of his parents, 56-year-old David Menard and 55-year-old Toni Menard, and his 16-year-old sister, Ashley Menard.
The charges include the special circumstance allegation of multiple murders, which could make him eligible for the death penalty. Prosecutors say they will not decide whether to seek capital punishment until the case gets closer to trial.
The criminal complaint alleges Menard used a knife to kill the victims, and that he used a handgun to shoot and wound his father during the attack.
Menard called 911 on Friday morning to report finding the bodies. His parents' bodies were in the house and his sister's body was found in the back yard.
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
2 min ago