Gusty Winds Cause Injury at Disneyland
Apr. 18, 2007 (none) -- A palm frond apparently blown loose by gusty winds at Disneyland scraped a 17-year-old girl's neck on the Jungle Cruise ride Wednesday, officials said.
The girl was not believed to be seriously injured by the saw-toothed frond, but firefighters took her to Western Medical Center to be checked out, according to Maria Sabol of the Anaheim Fire Department.
The accident was reported at 12:40 p.m.
The frond's "fall was broken by the boat rail," but it scraped her neck, Sabol said.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home 50 min ago
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews 2 min ago