Gusty Winds Cause Injury at Disneyland
Apr. 18, 2007 (none) -- A palm frond apparently blown loose by gusty winds at Disneyland scraped a 17-year-old girl's neck on the Jungle Cruise ride Wednesday, officials said.
The girl was not believed to be seriously injured by the saw-toothed frond, but firefighters took her to Western Medical Center to be checked out, according to Maria Sabol of the Anaheim Fire Department.
The accident was reported at 12:40 p.m.
The frond's "fall was broken by the boat rail," but it scraped her neck, Sabol said.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour