Take a Scavenger Hunt in Los Angeles
May 4, 2007 (KABC-TV) (KABC) -- Get ready, get set, go!
On a recent Saturday, three teams were off and running, scouring Santa Monica in search of the town's treasure.
The teams have 24 questions and just two hours to get all the answers.
Scavenger hunts are nothing new, but this one has people digging up facts about the places that put Los Angeles on the map.
"Santa Monica Pier has a unique neighborhood, it's full of culture and history. And these hunts, you're looking for answers to tricky clues, you're not looking for actual objects," Mitchell Olson, of Watson Adventures, said.
"It's just a neat way to learn about the city. They state the clues, you learn little things about places here and there that you may not go to, which makes it a lot of fun," Jen, a scavenger hunter, said.
And even if the teams don't come up with all of the answers, they've had a good workout, both physically and mentally.
The company behind these scavenger hunts is called Watson Adventures, and they've mapped out nearly a dozen different was to scavenge through Los Angeles, there's the Hollywood Hunt, the Getty Gallop, and even a map through Magic Mountain.
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race 35 min ago
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10