Camp Pendleton Wildfires Fully Contained
CAMP PENDLETON, Oct. 28, 2007 (none) -- The Horno Fire that threatened Camp Pendleton is 100 percent contained, Camp Pendleton officials said Sunday.
As of Sunday morning, the Horno Fire burned 21,084 acres in northwest San Diego County, according to a statement released Sunday by the U.S. Marine Corps. It was one of several wildfires battled by base firefighters this week.
Two small base fires, the Wilcox and the San Luis Rey fires, were 100 percent contained Thursday.
All base operations interrupted during the firestorm are set to return to normal Monday, the Marines said.
Property damage and injury reports associated with the fires on the giant Marine base were not available.
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 3 min ago
- 2-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Drone strikes are effective, crucial - Obama
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers' 35 min ago