Peace march to remember Oxnard teen
OXNARD (KABC) -- Up to a thousand of people gathered Saturday to remember 15-year old Lawrence King, the student shot to death in an Oxnard classroom last week.
They met Saturday at Plaza Park in Oxnard.
King's classmates organized the peace march, beginning at the park near their school, E.O. Green Junior High.
14-year old Brandon McInerney faces charges of pre-meditated murder with hate-crime and firearm-use enhancements for King's killing.
King was declared brain dead following the shooting and his family donated his organs after he was taken off life-support.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 25 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 39 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge 30 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's powerful healing effects on wounded... 10 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors 43 min ago
- Cool Kid fixes up batting cages for community
15 min ago