Peace march to remember Oxnard teen
OXNARD (KABC) -- Up to a thousand of people gathered Saturday to remember 15-year old Lawrence King, the student shot to death in an Oxnard classroom last week.
They met Saturday at Plaza Park in Oxnard.
King's classmates organized the peace march, beginning at the park near their school, E.O. Green Junior High.
14-year old Brandon McInerney faces charges of pre-meditated murder with hate-crime and firearm-use enhancements for King's killing.
King was declared brain dead following the shooting and his family donated his organs after he was taken off life-support.
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis