Peace march to remember Oxnard teen
OXNARD (KABC) -- Up to a thousand of people gathered Saturday to remember 15-year old Lawrence King, the student shot to death in an Oxnard classroom last week.
They met Saturday at Plaza Park in Oxnard.
King's classmates organized the peace march, beginning at the park near their school, E.O. Green Junior High.
14-year old Brandon McInerney faces charges of pre-meditated murder with hate-crime and firearm-use enhancements for King's killing.
King was declared brain dead following the shooting and his family donated his organs after he was taken off life-support.
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments