Experts: Carona case costly to O.C.
ORANGE COUNTY (KABC) -- The indictment of former Sheriff Mike Carona could cost Orange County a lot.
According to The L.A. Times, legal experts say it could motivate officials to settle several lawsuits out of court. Accusations in some of the lawsuits parallel those in the criminal indictment.
Carona, who faces several felony charges, is accused of misusing his office for financial gain.
The majority of lawsuits were filed by men who were placed in positions of trust then later dismissed, demoted, or reassigned after questioning Carona's integrity.
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 29 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 26 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 31 min ago