Aspiring model found dead in Santa Monica
SANTA MONICA (KABC) -- Police are searching for clues in the death of an aspiring model found brutally murdered in Santa Monica.
Santa Monica Police found the 21-year-old aspiring model dead inside of her home on the 5100 block of Centinela between Idaho and Ohio Avenue. They are treating the case as a homicide.
Juliana Maureen Redding was found at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday after police received a call from the young woman's mother who had been unable to reach her daughter for days.
Police are not releasing details of how Redding died. They will not say if a weapon was involved or if the suspect forced their way into Redding's apartment.
Police do believe that Redding lived alone. Neighbors say that Juliana was a very attractive woman who had moved to the Southland from Arizona to be a model and an actress.
One neighbor said that Redding had been living in her Santa Monica apartment for just a few months.
Another neighbor told Eyewitness News that she had plans to go out with Redding on Sunday night, but was unable to reach her.
"That same night we were suppose to go out and play pool, but we thought that she might already be out because her lights were off. We didn't call her. We tried the next day, but she did not pick up her phone," said Sury Nunez, victim's neighbor.
"Right now we are still trying to contact the family to get more information about her. We are trying to get information about people she associated with, so we can continue to conduct this investigation," said Lt. Alex Padilla, Santa Monica Police Department.
Police say that their investigation is in the early stages. If anyone has any information they are urged to call the Santa Monica Department at 310-458-8427.
local, leslie miller
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 45 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 5 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role