Aspiring model found dead in Santa Monica
SANTA MONICA (KABC) -- Police are searching for clues in the death of an aspiring model found brutally murdered in Santa Monica.
Santa Monica Police found the 21-year-old aspiring model dead inside of her home on the 5100 block of Centinela between Idaho and Ohio Avenue. They are treating the case as a homicide.
Juliana Maureen Redding was found at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday after police received a call from the young woman's mother who had been unable to reach her daughter for days.
Police are not releasing details of how Redding died. They will not say if a weapon was involved or if the suspect forced their way into Redding's apartment.
Police do believe that Redding lived alone. Neighbors say that Juliana was a very attractive woman who had moved to the Southland from Arizona to be a model and an actress.
One neighbor said that Redding had been living in her Santa Monica apartment for just a few months.
Another neighbor told Eyewitness News that she had plans to go out with Redding on Sunday night, but was unable to reach her.
"That same night we were suppose to go out and play pool, but we thought that she might already be out because her lights were off. We didn't call her. We tried the next day, but she did not pick up her phone," said Sury Nunez, victim's neighbor.
"Right now we are still trying to contact the family to get more information about her. We are trying to get information about people she associated with, so we can continue to conduct this investigation," said Lt. Alex Padilla, Santa Monica Police Department.
Police say that their investigation is in the early stages. If anyone has any information they are urged to call the Santa Monica Department at 310-458-8427.
local, leslie miller
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 44 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 1 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 50 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 26 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 50 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 19 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book