Olvera Street's 'Blessing of the Animals'
Another Easter tradition takes over Olvera St. Saturday.
Every year, merchants and local residents parade down the street with their pets.
Cardinal Roger Mahony will bless the owners and their animals, everything from birds and dogs to horses and cats.
The procession begins at 2 p.m. Saturday at the El Pueblo Historical Monument, 125 Paseo de la Plaza.
Contact John Kopczynski of El Pueblo for more information: (213) 485-8225.
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 15 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 14 min ago
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
46 min ago