Is Jamiel Shaw's killer in U.S. illegally?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Immigration officials report that Jamiel Shaw's killer may be in the U.S. illegally.
Shaw, a high school football star was gunned down just steps away from his home by a Los Angeles street gang member.
The suspect is 19-year-old Pedro Espinoza.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesperson Virginia Kice said that her agency has filed an immigration hold against him.
Espinoza had been released from incarceration on an unrelated charge on March 1.
Shaw was shot and killed March 2.
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 9 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 51 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker