Is Jamiel Shaw's killer in U.S. illegally?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Immigration officials report that Jamiel Shaw's killer may be in the U.S. illegally.
Shaw, a high school football star was gunned down just steps away from his home by a Los Angeles street gang member.
The suspect is 19-year-old Pedro Espinoza.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesperson Virginia Kice said that her agency has filed an immigration hold against him.
Espinoza had been released from incarceration on an unrelated charge on March 1.
Shaw was shot and killed March 2.
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour