Is Jamiel Shaw's killer in U.S. illegally?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Immigration officials report that Jamiel Shaw's killer may be in the U.S. illegally.
Shaw, a high school football star was gunned down just steps away from his home by a Los Angeles street gang member.
The suspect is 19-year-old Pedro Espinoza.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesperson Virginia Kice said that her agency has filed an immigration hold against him.
Espinoza had been released from incarceration on an unrelated charge on March 1.
Shaw was shot and killed March 2.
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 48 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 45 min ago
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes 18 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke