Is Jamiel Shaw's killer in U.S. illegally?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Immigration officials report that Jamiel Shaw's killer may be in the U.S. illegally.
Shaw, a high school football star was gunned down just steps away from his home by a Los Angeles street gang member.
The suspect is 19-year-old Pedro Espinoza.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesperson Virginia Kice said that her agency has filed an immigration hold against him.
Espinoza had been released from incarceration on an unrelated charge on March 1.
Shaw was shot and killed March 2.
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 49 min ago
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 55 min ago
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker 8 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker 43 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale